Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Prayer before listening to God's Word

"All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness."

Eternal and ever living God and Father, thank you for giving me the opportunity to listen to Your word. Send Your Spirit on me, so that I may know my faults and weaknesses through listening to this passage. Your Son, Jesus said:

"If you love God, you will obey His command."

Give me faith and love to carry out the lesson this scripture may demand of me, so that while I still have time, I may train and correct myself. May my sins be washed away through listening to these verses. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the You and the Holy Spirit, God forever and ever. Amen.

No comments: