Friday, December 19, 2008

Thanksgiving after Vailankanni trip

I've just returned, with my father from a pilgrimage to the shrine of Our Lady of Health, Vailankanni, Tamil Nadu. With deep gratitude, I thank Mary, Blessed Mother from my heart, for Her intercession for me, for my safety during the trip; and for living a holy life. The past couple of days have been a blessing, and I'm deeply grateful that I could spend them with a prayerful and penitential heart. Despite all the noise and bustle, these were excellent days for reflection due to the long hours away from the daily grind. I thank my Guardian Angel for his protection, and the Holy Spirit for His inspiration and courage, and the gifts He bestowed on me to make this trip spiritually enriching. I am awestruck to know how our Blessed Lord allows himself to be a little infant. He is present as an infant in the apparitions at Vailankanni, drinking milk offered by the poor boy. I thank Him for His great Sacrifice for the expiation of my sins. I thank the Eternal Father for His great love in sending us His Son to die for us. Glory be His name. I thank our Blessed Mother for her fiat, her "Yes" to God's will in Her life.

No comments: