Thursday, November 10, 2005

Searching the depths for truth

Hi,
Let me now lead you in prayer, praying to the God of all things, our creator, the master craftsman, the genius of truth, yet so loving and good that his grace has filled my life. So much grace that I feel it is unfair that I receive so much grace. Why me? Why does God choose me to simply shower his blessings in great measure? Someday, when both of us are together, he will tell me more. Why?


Lord,

Nothing, not the music, not the pictures, not the faces, not the empty promises of this world can every satisfy my soul. Precious Lord, if you have created my soul to burn without you, you have known every aspect of it and every dimension of it. Its sense, its eyes, how it sees, its ears, how it hears, its mind, what it conceives.

Lord, I thank you for my soul. For when all books are away, all meaning is clouded, all water is gone, my soul cries within me. When I fall and am entrapped in sin, my soul cries out and I can hear it within me. Precious Lord, let me burn, burn, burn with the flame of pure fire, inflamed by the love you place in me.

I will love each moment I am with you and not seek any thing but the grace you place in my soul. The gloss of existence that disappears with the rain of Christ's light. The light that makes everything seen as what it really is. The light that makes things visible for the pure beauty of their existence.

No comments: